Nurse Home Visiting Program
Maternal and Child Health: a visiting program offering professional nursing services
DCP's Nurse Home Visiting Program
- Offers women the comprehensive, one-on-one care of a visiting registered nurse during pregnancy and throughout the baby’s first years of life.
- Provides...invaluable health assessment, education, medical care, emotional support, and information.
- Helps...ensure a positive pre- and postnatal experience for moms and a healthy start for babies.
While You Are Pregnant Our Visiting Nurses Can Help You With A Variety of Needs.
- Perform a nursing assessment and provide information that may decrease the chance of your baby being born too early or too small.
- Answer your questions about labor and delivery.
- Supply educational materials about nutrition, exercise, breastfeeding, birth control options, infant care, and parenting.
- Provide health and safety guidance for you and your baby.
- Direct you to financial help for medical care, needed support services, and other resources.
After Your Baby is Born Our Visiting Nurses Can Offer Additional Assistance.
- Offer support, understanding, and additional information for new mothers.
- Check the baby’s and mother’s health.
- Monitor the baby’s growth and development.
- Talk about feeding, safety, exercise, and the baby’s behavior.
- Help arrange referrals when needed.
- Help with breastfeeding.
To make a referral call us at (207) 610-0740 or fax referral form to (207)-610-5121. Anyone can make a referral: medical provider, social worker, family member, or parents.
The referral form is available at the link below.
For more information about the program, call us at 207-664-2424.