At Home launched in 2012. It is modeled on the Village to Village Network. In each of over 200 locations around the U.S, people have banded together to create 501(c)3 self-directed or governed organizations catering to the needs of seniors who want to remain in their own homes as they grow older. While the model has been the pioneering Beacon Hill Village in Boston they vary from urban to rural in nature, each with specific needs and challenges.
Our steering committees have been instrumental in the development of our program. If you would like to learn more about developing a similar program in your community, please call us at 207-374-5852.
Downeast Region Steering Committee members:
- Betsy Braunhut, Deer Isle
- Barbara Griffiths, Castine
- Ann Miller, Castine
- Marjorie Olivari, Castine
- Mary Allison Rylands, Sedgwick
Mount Desert Region Steering Committee members:
- Ken Brookes, Southwest Harbor
- Karen McFarland, Southwest Harbor
- Mary Anne Mead, Southwest Harbor
- Anne Welles, Southwest Harbor
DCP staff include:
- Kara Janes, LMSW – Program Manager
- Hannah Smith, BSW