Maine Housing Announces an April 12, 2023, Cessation of HEAP for Program Year 2023
Fri, Apr 7th, 2023
by DCP Staff
What this means:
- Community Action Programs (CAPs) such as DCP, who administer HEAP benefits for the State, CANNOT ACCEPT ANY APPLICATION, or materials/documents to go with an application, after April 12.
- ALL PENDING APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE ALL THE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS in BY APRIL 12.
- NO APPLICATION APPOINTMENTS WILL BE TAKEN AFTER APRIL 12, until the new program year starts in July.
- DCP, and other CAP agencies, have processed over 9,000 new applications this season, depleting funding sooner than anticipated
- Benefits started earlier this year than in years past.