[logo] Downeast Community Partners

Lifespan Opportunities in Washington and Hancock Counties

Food and Nutritional Services

Nutritional Support

Downeast Community Partners provides nutritional support to Washington and Hancock counties. Please take a moment to read about our different programs. If you have questions please contact the appropriate person according to the service you seek and the county in which you reside or serve (see below).

DCP has two food pantries with delivery options

Who can receive food pantry assistance?

Families participating in the following programs have access to the food pantry Early Head Start and Head Start as well as pre-kindergarten. Families working with Family Coaches, Maternal Child Health, and DCP staff members.

If you do not fall into a category above and need food, DCP provides an emergency food box and referral program that provides food right now and information on area food pantries. There is no income restriction for this service.

How do you get help?

Please call the number associated with your county (below).

I can’t find a pantry near me.

Please visit the Good Shepherd Food Bank’s website and search by zip code. https://www.gsfb.org/get-help/food-map/

I don’t drive and need food support.

This is a list of pantries that deliver. The list is organized by county.

https://www.downeastcommunitypartners.org/news/news-item-dcp.php/num-39/

During this time food pantry access is by appointment only.

DCP’s two food pantry locations can be accessed by calling the appropriate number below.

Ellsworth location serving Hancock County
Heather Barton-Lindloff at (207)460-7567
248 Bucksport Road, Ellsworth, ME 04605

Machias location serving Washington County
DCP Machias office at (207)610-5978
7 VIP Drive, Machias, ME 04654

Emergency Food Box Program

The emergency food box program was started to provide staff members with food to leave with families in need. This program acts as a bridge, providing ‘right now’ assistance while long-term solutions are arranged.

Are you a police officer, firefighter, social worker, or community provider?

Carry an emergency food box in your car or take it to the office. When you meet someone in need, give him or her the box. If possible, collect contact information for the person in need.

Information is collected on a form that DCP provides.

The form should be returned to DCP. Once a staff member receives it, they will contact the person in need and assess their situation. The person in need will be connected with long-term solutions. Collecting information is not necessary but preferred. Contact DCP for more information.

Emergency food box pick up can be arranged by contacting the appropriate (by county) person below.

·        Each box is self-containing and does not need other food on hand such as milk, butter, or meat products.

·        The boxes are designed to feed a family of three, for up to four days, and are shelf-stable.

·        Social service and public workers are encouraged to carry an emergency food box in their vehicle.

Please contact DCP to arrange pick up.

Boxes can be stored in your car until it is needed. Washington County contact DCP's Machias office at (207)610-5978, and for Hancock County contact Heather Barton-Lindloff (Ellsworth) at (207)460-7567. 

top of page
DCP Offices

Toll-Free: 800-834-4378

Bucksport Road Office

248 Bucksport Road, Ellsworth, ME 04605
207-664-2424 | Email

Avery Lane Office

18 Avery Lane, PO Box 648 , Ellsworth, ME 04605
207-664-2424 | Email

Machias Office

7 VIP Drive, Machias, ME 04654
207-259-5015 | Email

Calais Office

11 Church Street, Calais, ME 04619
207-664-2424 | Email

Site Links

Title VI Non-Discrimination Statement

It is the policy of Downeast Community Partners that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religious belief, political affiliation or belief, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, migrant worker, ex-offender, or former patient of a state institution be discriminated against in access to the services or provision of services of Downeast Community Partners.

View our full Title VI policy.

© Downeast Community Partners Site by Barnstormer Design