Mortgage Intervention and Default Counseling Program
Downeast Community Partners, is offering a one-on-one, free of charge, program to help homeowners retain homeownership. Did you know that if you experience hardship that results in an inability to meet your current home mortgage terms, we may be able to help you resolve this with your lender?
DCP offers loan modification assistance, foreclosure counseling, and loss mitigation assistance to Washington and Hancock county residents who are in danger of losing their homes.
Our staff is able to help you resolve issues with your home mortgage lender in a way that ensure the best possible outcome in your situation. We will work with you and your lender to make an effort to reach an agreement to pay what you can afford and keep your home.
This program includes but not limited to;
- Counseling & resources to avoid foreclosure
- Determining a budget and payment plan in co-operation with the lender to prevent a default and or foreclosure
- Mortgage modification in times of hardship
- Assist homeowners who are behind on mortgage payments or have a notice of default or foreclosure
- Help homeowners having trouble communicating with their mortgage servicer
- Help homeowners who are not yet in foreclosure but struggling to make payments
- Homeowners who haven’t yet missed a payment, but are concerned they may miss future payments.
For more information, contact DCP's Foreclosure Counselor, Jenny Reese-Pullen at 207-610-5915 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org