Helping Hands Garage
Used Car Loans
Downeast Community Partners is pleased to partner with Seaboard Federal Credit Union to make reliable vehicles more affordable.
How it works:
If you are interested in participating in this program, you will meet with the HHG loan officer, who will work with you to determine if you are qualified for the program. Together, you will review your finances and monthly budget to determine the amount that you can afford to borrow. Through HHG, you will apply for a loan with Seaboard federal Credit Union.
Seaboard makes the final decision on the loan.
Once you know the amount you are approved for, you can go car shopping.
Prior to obtaining the loan and purchasing the car, Seaboard will require a write up from a certified mechanic, to ensure that the car you are buying is in good condition. You will be required to make a 10% down payment on the car.
To participate in the program, applicant must:
- be a resident of Hancock or Washington County, Maine and 18 years of age or older;
- be enrolled in a program at Downeast Community Partners (programs included: HEAP, Transportation, Community Advocate Program, Head Start, Child Care, and Home Repair);
- have a valid Maine Drivers License;
- currently be employed or receive a monthly Social Security or retirement pension.
Approval is based on the following items:
- Ability to make scheduled loan payments, as well as full coverage insurance payments, yearly registration fees, and vehicle maintenance or repairs;
- Completed and signed program application including submittal of the required information;
- Review of credit report.
For more information, please call us at (207) 478-4276.
Documents & Forms
Our Title VI policy can be viewed at our Forms & Resources page.
For all complaints please call Sharon at:
Your complaint will be addressed within 48 hours.