Downeast Community Partners is a mission driven organization, headquartered in Ellsworth, which serves Hancock and Washington counties. We are a community action program with a mission to improve the quality of life and reduce the impact of poverty in our Downeast communities.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, our employment needs and systems are changing. If you are interested in applying for a posted job, please do so. However, know that our interview and hiring process has been critically altered. When we are in a position to resume normal hiring practices, your application will receive our full attention.
Human Resources Phone: (207) 610-5136
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Downeast Community Partners is seeking a full-time Development Associate to partner with others in our Communications and Resource Development office.
The office is responsible for outreach to our clients, State and Federal granting agencies and community supporters. The Associate will take major responsibility for researching grant opportunities, preparing grant applications and creating outreach publications. The incumbent will take primary responsibility for managing our agency webpage and all social media communication on behalf of DCP.
On-going responsibilities include:
· Develop resources and publications that enhance and publicize DCP current programs directed at educating the public, community partners, and current and potential funders;
· Research, write, and edit grant applications;
· Manage the DCP web page, Facebook, and all electronic communications on behalf of DCP;
· Develop and help disseminate information internally so our employees and Board of Directors have current understanding of our programs and initiatives;
· Prepare, proofread, and edit agency publications, annual report, newsletters, and fact sheets;
· Primary responsibility for providing administrative support of department initiatives which might include; grant submittals and responses, DCP publications and press releases, donor lists and acknowledgement, and all agency publications.
Required experience and education- BA/BS in relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Significant experience writing and producing materials for targeted audiences utilizing print and on-line resources. Grant writing experience preferred.
We offer an extensive benefits program including a very progressive retirement plan and significant paid time off and insurances.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at the email below:
Location: Hancock and Washington counties
We are seeking part-time drivers for Hancock and Washington counties. We provide transportation to low-income, elderly, as well as the general public. Our vehicles are easy to operate and require no special license, just a good driving record and a desire to provide safe and pleasant transportation to the people we serve. Flexible schedules available.
Candidate must have clean driving record, pass criminal and child protective background checks, meet drug and alcohol testing requirements, and not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website.
Applications may be obtained from:
Downeast Community Partners
248 Bucksport Road
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Phone: (207) 610-5136
Applications and resumes should be submitted to:
Human Resources, Downeast Community Partners
PO Box 648
Ellsworth, ME 04605
For questions on a specific posting, please call Human Resources at (207) 610-5136.
You may also download the Employment Application at the link below. Use this application for any jobs posted to this site. For more information, please contact Human Resources.
For qualifying positions, DCP's excellent benefit package includes:
· Employer paid 90% health benefit
· 17 PTO days accrued in your first year
· Generous retirement benefits with employer match
· Employer paid life and disability plans
· Options for dental and vision coverage
· 13 Paid Holidays
DCP is an equal opportunity employer.