This position has a $500 sign on bonus!
Paid 90 days after hire.
Assistant Teacher – Bucksport
$15.80 – $20.00 per hour
40 hours/week and 40 weeks/year
Are you: Looking to use your teaching talents and creativity?
Do you: Enjoy collaborating with other early childhood educators?
Are you: Looking for professional development and coaching opportunities?
Assistant Teacher – Bucksport Early Care and Education Center
Assists Teacher in implementing daily curriculum for children 3 to 5 years old. Responsible to implement an early childhood education program for children ages 3-5. Responsible for promoting school readiness, parent engagement and ensuring the health and safety of children in our care. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must commit to attaining a Preschool CDA certificate within 2 years of hire. 40 hours per week late August to mid-June. Competitive pay plus generous benefits package.
This position has a $500 sign on bonus!
Paid 90 days after hire.
The Ellsworth Early Care and Education Center, located on Avery Lane, is seeking an assistant preschool teacher. This is a 40-hour-per-week full year position.
- Assists the preschool teacher to plan and implement an early childhood education program for children in accordance with agency practices, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for promoting school readiness, parent engagement and ensuring the health and safety of children in our care.
- Performs under the direction of the preschool teacher to ensure program operations are carried out in a manner supportive of the agency goals and intended program outcomes.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a preschool classroom setting required
Downeast Community Partners has a public service opportunity available through AmeriCorps for a Food Security Coordinator VISTA Volunteer. The Food Security Coordinator will become a member of VISTA’s AmeriCorps Ending Hunger Program. They will help to build the capacity of the Downeast Community Partners’ food and nutrition initiatives. In this role, the Food Security Coordinator will be an integral part of our Nutrition Initiative Team and be part of a cohort of 25 Ending Hunger Corps volunteers serving across the State of Maine with the shared goal of building capacity to end hunger in Maine by 2030. Visit the AmeriCorps VISTA website to learn more about the position, including stipend and other benefits offered by AmeriCorps. Contact Heather Barton-Lindloff at 207-460-7567 with any questions about the position. To apply, go directly to:
Location: Ellsworth, ME
THIS POSITION HAS A $500 SIGN ON BONUS!
Infant/Toddler Caregiver for the Ellsworth Early Care & Education Program, located at 18 Avery Lane.
This is a full-time year round position.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for developing meaningful relationships with parents and their young children that will enhance the bond between parent and child.
- Also responsible to plan and implement, in partnership with families, a responsive curriculum and classroom environment that promotes optimal growth and development of infants and toddlers in a full-day, full-year program.
- Must have at least 12 months experience working with infants/toddlers in a childcare facility.
We offer flexible schedules and a generous benefits package.
DCP is seeking a full-time IT Support Specialist. The Information Technology Support Specialist position will serve as the first level phone and shared email/ticketing system contact for DCP’s IT support issues for staff in general, providing Windows PC hardware, Windows OS and applications. The IT Support Specialist will assist the IT Manager in installing, changing, and repairing minor problems of personal computer hardware and software systems. Additionally, this position supports the IT Department’s responsibility of providing technical assistance and training system users. This position answers staff inquiries concerning systems operation; diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems; and recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
- 3+ years’ experience in customer-facing help desk/desktop support troubleshooting role.
- Excellent working knowledge of personal computers, peripherals, and printers/copiers.
- Cellphone familiarity preferred.
- VPN concept and experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively; organize, prioritize.
EDUCATION/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS PREFERRED:
- CIS/IS/IT Computer degree and/or A+/Network+ certification preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to pass background checks.
Location: Hancock and Washington counties
This position offers a sign on bonus of $1,000 paid in two lump sums; half after 90 days of work and the other half after 120 days of work.
We are seeking part-time drivers in the following areas Machias, Milbridge, Calais, Eastport, and Ellsworth. We provide transportation for low-income people, the elderly, as well as the general public.
Our vehicles are easy to operate and require no special license, just a good driving record and a desire to provide safe and pleasant transportation to the people we serve.
Flexible schedules are available.
Candidates must have a clean driving record, pass a criminal and child protective background check, meet drug and alcohol testing requirements, and not have an active record on the System for Award Management (SAM) website.
Location: Calais, Ellsworth, and Machias - Maine
THIS POSITION HAS A $250 SIGN ON BONUS.
The Head Start provider for Hancock and Washington counties is seeking enthusiastic substitutes for our Early Childhood Programs in Calais, Ellsworth, and Machias.
A substitute position at DCP is a great way to gain valuable, marketable skills in the Early Childhood field while exploring the rewards of a career in Early Childhood Education!
- Ensure the health and safety of all children while assisting the teaching staff with implementing classroom curriculum and daily routine
- Promote school readiness and parent engagement
- Interacting with children at their level
- Supporting learning opportunities
- Encouraging the development of problem-solving skills
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience providing care to groups of infant/toddler and/or preschool children preferred
- On-the-job training provided
This position has a $1,000 sign-on bonus—$500 paid after 90 days of employment, $500 paid after 120 days of employment!
Downeast Community Partners is seeking to hire a full-time Transportation Coordinator II. This position coordinates the most efficient means of transportation for clients, schedules and/or dispatches trips to volunteers and agency drivers, and inputs data in the computer. This position is responsible for the volunteer payable which reimburses volunteers for their mileage.
- Mandated reporting within 30 days of hire date
- Pass national and state criminal background check
- Pass review of national sex offender registry
- Pass DHHS child welfare check
- Pass pre-employment drug test
- HIPAA training
- Customer service training
- Transportation Coordinator 1 training
- Home internet
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Office experience
- Computer literate
- Ability to comprehend rules and procedures
- Excellent verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Organizational skills
- Ability to read a map and give clear directions to drivers as needed
Join Us in Our Mission
Downeast Community Partners is a mission-driven organization, headquartered in Ellsworth, Maine which serves Hancock and Washington counties. We are a Community Action Program with a mission to improve the quality of life and reduce the impact of poverty in our Downeast communities.
If you have questions, please reach out to the Human Resources department at (207) 610-5136 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
There are many entry level and advanced career positions.
Downeast Community Partners offers competitive pay plus a generous benefits package for qualifying positions.
Benefits offered to full-time staff by DCP:
- 90% Employer paid Health Insurance (employee only)
- $3,500 Employer funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- $500 Employer funded Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- $750 Opt-Out insurance payment
- 403(b) and Roth Tax Sheltered Annuity Plan with generous employer match (percentage increases with years of service) – contributions are pre-tax
- Employer paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20% Child Care Discount for Centers in Ellsworth, Machias, and Calais
- Tuition Reimbursement, Training, and Conference Fees – for approved activities
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- AAA Membership
- Gym/Wellness Reimbursement.
Downeast Community Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit applications in person or via email:
Downeast Community Partners
248 Bucksport Road
Ellsworth, ME 04605
Phone: (207) 610-5136 Email: email@example.com
Applications and resumes may also be mailed to:
Human Resources, Downeast Community Partners
PO Box 648
Ellsworth, ME 04605
For questions on a specific posting, please call Human Resources at (207) 610-5136.
You may also download the Employment Application at the link below. The application is a fillable PDF. Before attempting to print and/or complete the application, be sure to download it onto your device by clicking the download icon located at the top right of your web browser. This will ensure that all fields are accessible. Use this application for any jobs posted to this site. For more information, please contact Human Resources.
DCP offers competitive pay and excellent benefits.